Environmental Benefits of Concrete
Concrete is a natural building material and IS 100% recyclable
When choosing materials for your commercial or residential architectural design, concrete is the top environmentally beneficial choice. Concrete is a vastly versatile building material and is unparralled for its strength, durability and has the lowest carbon footprint. Concrete consists of water, sand, gravel and cement. Water, sand and gravel naturally exist in our environment. For the production of cement, the raw materials limestone, clay, sand and iron ore are kilned, gypsum is added and the mixture is finely ground. In the plant, during the production of concrete, recycling is a top priority. Fresh concrete is concrete which is not yet cured. Any fresh concrete which has not been used is returned to the production cycle and can therefore be 100% recycled.
Concrete is Locally sourced & produced
Concrete is sourced locally, made with local materials, produced locally and is consumed locally. Reducing carbon emissions substaintially.
Reduced consumption of energy, water and building material
Modern precast concrete plants are controlled and monitored by a master computer. The master computer exactly calculates the necessary amounts of cement, construction steel, water etc. and therefore allows for an optimal utilization of materials. We partner with Ireland’s top concrete providers to source locally premium quality materials BD Flood and O’Reilly Concrete.
WHY CHOOSE CONCRETE?
Concrete is a vastly versatile building material and is a top environmentally friendly choice:
- Concrete has the lowest carbon footprint for a structure or pavement over its lifecycle
- Concrete is unparalleled for strength, durability, longevity and resilience
- 100% Recyclable, the materials used to create concrete are abundant worldwide
- Durability to uphold in any environment
- A building material which doesn’t burn, rust or rot
- Low maintenance costs
- Known for safety and security
- Versatility – Concrete can be molded into any shape, colour or pattern imaginable
- No off-gas
- Excellent vibration and sound insulating
Concrete is the most versatile building material on earth.